Friday, April 10, 2020

Renegades by Marissa Meyer


Ok, so maybe I am a little behind the hype on this one, but here is what happened.  My daughter gave me this to read a year or so ago.  She had been begging me to read it so that she could talk to me about it.  I started it and would put it down and start it again…  It was the book that I would return to in between reading other things.  I liked it.  I just couldn’t get hooked, like I did with Meyer’s Heartless.  Until…I was hooked!

So, it took me over a year to read the first half.  I read the second half in two late-night, by-lamplight, trying-not-to-bother-my-sleeping-husband sessions.  Now, the next one in the trilogy is on the way to my house.  Thank goodness for Amazon Prime delivery.

This fantasy YA book is packed full of action, superheroes and villains (although I have yet to decide who is which), cool prodigy abilities, and of course, a sweet little romance.  I think Meyer must be a hopeless romantic like me; thanks for that.  Oh, and don’t forget the serious contemplation that readers must do about independence, freedom, helplessness, and hopelessness.  

At the point where I started my late-night binge reading was the point where the twists and turns really got fun.  There are so many “WHAT?” moments.  I loved them.  And, the ending.  Oh yes, she did!

Thanks, Marissa for another great one.  I’m sorry it took me so long to listen to my daughter’s rave reviews.  I cannot wait for that package to arrive tomorrow.  I will change the bulb and get the lamp light ready for more binge reading.

Renegades is a book for tweens and teens or dreamers like me who love superpowers and the butterflies of romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment